apete's apage

A place for me to speak and be heard.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Next Monday

Today, I spent about an hour and 15 minutes signing papers to become a new, proud owner of a condo. Yup, I raised enough money to at least get the 5% in. The title doesn't go into effect until Monday after everybody is happy with everything so, I have to wait through the weekend before I move my carload of stuff up there.

Washington's process is a bit different than Michigan's. In Michigan, I got to sit across from the seller and sign all of the documents together and at the end of the session, it was all over. For my last house it was an interesting thing because the guy that I bought my house from was one of those high school teachers that you don't want your kids to have so it made it interesting to me to finally see him for once. Here in Washington, the signings at different times. Hopefully Monday at some point, I will be able to get the keys and start moving in.

I do get my final walkthrough tomorrow so hopefully, everything looks good.

6 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, September 15, 2006, Blogger srah said...

I know we've talked about that guy before, but I can't remember - where did he teach?

 
At 6:55 PM, September 15, 2006, Blogger srah said...

Oh, and congratulations (duh, Terrible Girlfriend)!

 
At 7:44 PM, September 15, 2006, Blogger apete said...

Um, no. I've only seen him that one time. He stopped by to pick up stuff another time. I wasn't home and he never came by again so I had to get rid of it myself.

 
At 10:41 PM, September 15, 2006, Blogger Coffee Luv~ said...

hey congratulations on your condo and your new job!!!! hope seattle is treating you well!!

 
At 5:50 PM, September 16, 2006, Blogger apete said...

Thanks! I'm loving it out here so far!

 
At 9:09 AM, September 18, 2006, Blogger phutch said...

I checked out your photos on flickr. Nice looking condo! Good luck with moving again, and getting settled.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home