apete's apage

A place for me to speak and be heard.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Week 2: Deposit on Condo

Hey all. The big news today is that I put in a deposit on a condo. This makes it very possible for me to own 600 square feet of Seattle. The floorplan looks like this. I know the website makes it look like a cruise ship and if I went to the website before I saw it in person, I would have probably not even stopped by.

The unit that I got, #405, was actually a unit that one of the sales team had picked out for himself. He got himself engaged and decided that they needed more space, so it went out on the market. I went by there three times before I finally decided to go for it. It has a really amazing view and is in a good location. It is about a 25-30 walk down to the waterfront and has some cool shopping districts both east and west of me.

The only problem is that I have a bad loan-income ratio or whatever because of my new student loans and my A2 house. The only way that I can get a loan right now is by either selling my house by September 18th or by getting what is called a no-ratio loan or something like that which places all of the burden on me PLUS a little higher interest rate. I have until next Friday to give a go/no go decision.

Other than that I spent most of my time this past week looking at condos. I did find a place called Jersey Mike's which reminded me a lot of a place called Jersey Giants which was on Washtenaw before it closed down. I loved that place and miss it. Tomorrow, I am going to stop by the farmer's market in my new neighborhood.

As for the week coming up, it will be spent preparing for closing on the condo which means getting insurance quotes, chatting with lawyers, and trying to come up with a down payment! The Yankees are in town and I may try to catch a game at SafeCo. Hmmm...I just looked and the BoSox are here next weekend too.

8 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, August 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations! Now you are a real grown-up.

 
At 9:17 PM, August 19, 2006, Blogger Noor said...

congrats apete! that's very exciting! I hope all of the loan/legal stuff works out.

 
At 6:35 AM, August 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Make sure there's no stipulation banning beer pong tables in the contract.

 
At 1:40 PM, August 20, 2006, Blogger Amy said...

Awesome :) Floorplan looks a bit like mine. I'm jealous of the coffeeshop - I hope they have tea for you!

 
At 6:12 PM, August 20, 2006, Blogger srah said...

Gluck, you! I hope everything works out with your loans. I wish I understood any of it.

 
At 6:16 PM, August 20, 2006, Blogger apete said...

I'm not sure a beerpong table will fit but I'm sure if I invited a group of SI students over, they'd figure it out. I'll have photos up on Flickr shortly. I need to upload.

 
At 8:30 AM, August 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice photos of the rooftop deck. :)
Let me know if the bikini girls are up there all the time.
MT

 
At 6:39 PM, August 22, 2006, Blogger apete said...

I don't think so. I'm guessing they are friends of the developers...but I don't know. They haven't been up there the 3 or 4 times that I have been up there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home