apete's apage

A place for me to speak and be heard.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Expansion, Sharpies, V8, Condo Update, and Walking

Today, I got to choose the new layout for my office. The two interns that I was sharing the office with have gone back two school and my office will only have one other person in it! That means I get a bigger desk...I could use a bookshelf too but one step at a time.

I also realized today that the only writing utensils that I had on my desk at one point today were 5 Sharpies...I don't think I've used a Sharpie since I've been here but there were no normal pens or pencils. I really have to start making sure, I come back with all of the writing utensils that I walk off with and not leaving them in other offices.

It is nice having all of the free drinks that I want while I am at work. It sucks having free Coke there all of the time though. I have been trying to wean myself from it though. I have been very successful in the morning. I have been forcing myself to drink a milk, a V8 and at least one other kind of juice. No Coke. It's been working too. I've even started liking V8. I just wish it didn't have so much salt in it. My next step is to start replacing those afternoon Cokes with Talking Rain water. I've been doing ok with that.

As for my condo, things are looking good for closing by the 18th. I get to inspect it on Monday! I am getting excited and nervous. I am looking forward to having a place to call my own. Right now, I am renting a room from a couple of people in my programming class that have a extra room in their apt. It's working out for both of us.

Finally, for you Fitster fans, a few of us, have been keeping track of each others steps on walkertracker.com. It is the best thing that I have seen on the internet and I have been using it for the last two weeks and uploading almost everyday which is saying something! I really like the graphing...which you can do with your 'comrades'. There is also a mapping feature which isn't quite as cool as Fitster would be but you can see where your fellow walkers are. So if you have a pedometer, get out there!

8 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, September 09, 2006, Blogger srah said...

Drink water! Drink water! Go go go!

 
At 11:29 AM, September 09, 2006, Blogger Noor said...

It's good to know that Talking Rain is a real company. At SVC, we've just assumed that it was affiliated with MS for some reason. Do you guys have the Windows Vista Lime flavor?

The intern who was sharing my office left yesterday, too. Since we're hiring several new people and we don't have enough offices, I'm not sure how much longer I'll get to keep my own office. :(

 
At 4:55 PM, September 10, 2006, Blogger phutch said...

I love V8! Especially the bold and spicy one. Is it weird if I toss a few olives and a stalk of celery in there, and have it on the rocks while at the office? I hope not.

Good luck with the condo. Glad to hear you're settling in out there.

 
At 8:08 PM, September 10, 2006, Blogger apete said...

Yes, we do have the Windows Vista stuff. I am not a big fan. I like the natural stuff.

phutch, you are missing a vital ingredient! And thanks for the luck.

 
At 9:54 AM, September 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, is your umich account still working? I sent a reply to you there...sorry for not returning your phone call. Give me your number again.

 
At 4:27 PM, September 11, 2006, Blogger Amy said...

It's so great to finally move into a new place after months in "temporary accomodations."

I want free beverages. The coffee machine ate my quarter and gave me no coffee. And we MAKE coffee.

 
At 8:00 PM, September 11, 2006, Blogger srah said...

I want free beverages too! Even a water cooler would be nice.

 
At 10:25 AM, September 13, 2006, Blogger Cheryl said...

You drink a lot in the morning.

I had a problem at one job with pens disappearing. We all shared the same space, so my friend and I ended up in this pen war, where he put a particular colored tape around his and I had to one-up him by attaching velcro to my pen and computer monitor. He then tried to thwart my (sad) attempts by gluing the cap on my pen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home