apete's apage

A place for me to speak and be heard.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME

WOW! There is a true classic Metallica dad out there somewhere. Srah just passed this link to me. I've seen lots of coverband CDs doing all kinds of stuff including Metallica's own collaboration with SFSO. The song selection was near perfect as well. I was excited to see the lesser known bass solo, Anesthesia, by the late, great Cliff Burton on the disc. I am excited to hear it. I would have replaced 'NEM', 'Sandman' or 'Unforgiven' with 'Horsemen' or 'Seek and Destroy' but then again, I didn't come up with it.

Why I really like this is because it reminded me that a friend of mine, MT, has promised a photo of his first born in the scraps of his faded metallica t-shirt that he purchased at our first Metallica concert in Saginaw, MI way back in February 1993. We've come a long way since then...4 years in the MetClub and 7-8 other shows including Woodstock '94 and a club member only performance in Toronto.

Also, Metallica is now available on iTunes. I can't quite forgive them for their anti-Napster crusade but it is an interesting step.

4 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, August 20, 2006, Blogger srah said...

Led Zeppelin still isn't on iTunes. :(

 
At 11:55 PM, August 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rumor has it they are waiting to hear from John Bonham on his decision to release licensing rights to Apple. :-D

What Zeppelin do you want? My collection is pretty extensive, let me know what songs you want and I could generate a mix if you wish.

 
At 4:20 PM, August 21, 2006, Blogger srah said...

Actually I found it online today for NO MONEY! Take that, Led Zeppelin.

 
At 7:11 AM, August 29, 2006, Blogger Cyclin Ninja said...

Zep is all over for no cost....piratebay.org....they don't exactly try to hide it. Go download the entire discography. :)

apete - I have the SFSO recording. Pretty cool. I am excited to check out these covers. I agree...F 'NEM' and 'Sandman'...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home