apete's apage

A place for me to speak and be heard.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Day 5: Tetons and Yellowstone

Day 5 ended up being our rush through Yellowstone and the Grand Teton National Parks. We needed to get to Idaho Falls because the cheapest room that I could find in Jackson was $209. Yellowstone was amazing even though we only followed the road. I really enjoyed the thermal pools and mud ponds especially. The wildlife was cool too. The worst part was the rain that fell on us most of the trip through Yellowstone. The Grand Tetons also were very impressive and I didn't leave many of those photos off my flickr page.

We ate dinner at Bubba's BBQ in Jackson. This was the only meal that I remember from my trip while I was in high school. I must have been just as good this time because it was fantastic this time as well. Easily my favorite meal on our trip this time too. the down side was here too the computers were down and I had to pay cash.

We continued on in the dark to Idaho Falls. I really wish it was light out for this trip because I think it would have been pretty beautiful.

2 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, August 05, 2006, Blogger Syl said...

well, I am late but congratulations!

 
At 1:38 PM, August 07, 2006, Blogger Cyclin Ninja said...

DUDE!!! The Grand Tetons are awesome! I really like Jackson as well. The Rockies and Canadian Rockies are awesome as well. They have Glacier National Park in the northern stretch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home