apete's apage

A place for me to speak and be heard.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

The Single Chopstick Man

First my last few days of the pedometer:

  • Wednesday: 7815 (started at 2PM)
  • Thursday: 4748 -This was the work day that I dreaded and I can see why. I can't believe that I used to do this 5 days a week!
  • Friday: 8265 - Still not 10K but I think I have potential
Now, we'll see what the weekends are like. I have no clue what I do on the weekend. I'm curious about many things. How many steps to mow the lawn?

Now on to the real post...I went to Sushi.come yesterday for lunch and I was sitting across from this couple and the guy was hilarious to watch. They ordered a bunch of rolls and I missed them having their salad and soup which disappoints me because I wanted to see him eating his salad. Anyway, I only saw him with one chopstick in his hand at any one time. He used it to point and poke a lot but my favorite was that he used it as a spreader. He asked for some extra of the ginger dressing that they put on the salads, which led me to believe that this wasn't his first time eating sushi. He would then spread the dressing on the rolls with one chopstick. Then, he would set down the chopstick, pick it up with his fingers and toss it in his mouth. It was fun to watch and I hope that I wasn't staring Finally at the end there was the big ball of pickled ginger on the plate and he started rolling it around with his chopstick and said to the woman, 'You try this?" She didn't and they left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home