apete's apage

A place for me to speak and be heard.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Walka-wear

No I didn't get shoes. It's even better than that. I have a pedometer that will upload through some software and sort out the number of steps I've done an hour, week or month. Why? Well, for my Information Visualization class, my group has decided to go with a health theme for our project. There is some research going on that is measuring steps of a certain group of people in order to motivate them with goals. We are going to try to convert this data into a meaningful visualization that will help motivate. In addition, I think in order to get me blogging again, I'll be reporting my step count on a regular basis on my blog.

Right now, I'm at 3477 steps and that is since about 2PM. It's almost 6 now. And if you are curious there are about 2000 steps in a mile. The recommended number of steps in a day is 10,000. Most people do not even come close to this. I know I don't but I am going to try. This is supposed to be a motivational tool after all right? It will get me blogging and walking!

11 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, September 21, 2005, Blogger David said...

who has two thumbs and convinced apete to update his blog? That's right, DA CHOI! I can move mountains thank you very much.

 
At 3:14 PM, September 21, 2005, Blogger apete said...

I couldn't resist the pressure...and I was at a computer. There is another one out there now too!

 
At 5:33 PM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Noor said...

ha ha, I beat you! I'm at 8312! I doubt I'll get much further than that today, though.

 
At 8:35 PM, September 21, 2005, Blogger apete said...

Looks as if I am finishing the night off with around 7815...still under you but pretty good for a partial day!

 
At 8:45 PM, September 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

8265, I've got you all beat!

 
At 8:48 PM, September 21, 2005, Blogger apete said...

no word from dg yet though...I'm not sure if she looks at my blog.

 
At 5:34 AM, September 22, 2005, Blogger chrispy said...

Last I heard, DG ended somewhere in the 9000s, I believe.

Why do I know this?

 
At 7:39 AM, September 22, 2005, Blogger srah said...

Yay! I'm going to get you a stick with a carrot on the end!

Or perhaps some Spanish cheeses.

 
At 7:39 AM, September 22, 2005, Blogger srah said...

Or bourbon!

 
At 12:01 PM, September 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As part of my mom's new fitness regimen, she's wearing a pedometer. She's always trying to raise her step count by parking as far away from a door as she can, taking the stairs, walking down the hall to talk to a coworker instead of emailing... So, apete, get up and go to the water cooler or something! That's got to be worth a handful of steps...

 
At 12:20 PM, October 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have to keep that in mind gym membership

 

Post a Comment

<< Home