apete's apage

A place for me to speak and be heard.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

My First Meme

This is the first time that I’ve been tagged for a meme. I’m a good week late.

What I was doing ten years ago


Summer of 1995…This would have been the summer that I spent as a beach bum/waiter in Myrtle Beach. I probably would have been pretty close to leaving and heading back to school which was a fiasco. There were four of us and 2 left early. Me and my friend that were left were to pack up everything and leave. His dad ended up having a heart attack and he flew out about a week early. I had to sell all the furniture that we had and pack everything that was left in my little Corsica and drive back alone.

What I was doing five years ago


Summer of 2000…Oh god, I was working and there is nothing memorable.

What I was doing one year ago


Summer of 2004…I was trying to arrange to go part time in order for me to attend school at work and preparing for a trip to Brazil which will happen in about a week.

Yesterday

Worked all day and started cleaning out my office in order to have a room for the person renting from me. Then I went to the bar to celebrate Chrispy’s new job. Woo-hoo.

5 snacks I enjoy

* cheese
* chocolate
* olives
* chips and good French onion dip
* Anything that doesn’t have fake sugar or fake fat

5 songs I know all the words to

I am not very good at this so these may be dated and I will not be able to do them anymore. I just don’t listen to music like I used to.

* “Paul Revere” by The Beastie Boys
* “The Four Horsemen” by Metallica
* “Jump” by Van Halen
* “Unforgiven” and many others by Metallica
* “Paradise City” by GnR

Stop laughing. No really!

5 things I would do with $100 million

I’m feeling rather environmentally friendly today so…

* I would buy a fleet of Toyota Priuses (Prii) for friends and family.
* I buy several houses in one area and redo them with environmentally friendly techniques and materials and either sell them or rent them out.
* Travel for about 2 years going around the world and actually staying places for longer than 2 weeks.
* Work at a job that I like.
* Buy my parents a house and let them retire.

5 locations I would like to run away to

These change on a daily basis and will never be too specific…

* Arequipa, Peru
* Scandinavia
* Eastern Europe
* Vietnam
* India

5 bad habits I have

* Drinking Coke
* procrastinating
* biting off more than I can chew
* eating too much
* not exercising

5 things I like doing

* Making food and eating it
* Eating food made for me
* travel
* watching movies
* learning

5 things I would never wear


I really don’t know. I’d put on a lot of things if the circumstances were right…

Dirty clothing of another is the only one that comes to mind.

5 TV shows I like


* MacGyver
* The Simpsons
* Beverly Hills 90210
* I was watching Survivor religiously before I stopped cable.
* football

5 biggest joys of the momen
t

* I’ll be working part-time starting at the end of this month
* SIers are coming back to town
* I’ll have income besides my 8 hours of work
* My walkways look great
* srah

5 favorite toys

* laptop
* knives
* books on tape from the library
* discount cards from certain food retailers
* bike

8 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, August 13, 2005, Blogger Alfie said...

You and Sarah and your joys.

Also, 90210! HAHA!

 
At 9:02 AM, August 14, 2005, Blogger chrispy said...

How does one get "tagged"? This amuses me. I request a "tagging", as you kids say...

 
At 10:48 AM, August 14, 2005, Blogger apete said...

Fine Chris you are tagged...(Is it that easy. I don't know why I didn't tag...probbaly because tony didn't.

I guess I also tag Cari, Noor, and I am not sure who else reads this yet.

And Alfie, 90210 ROCKS!

 
At 1:23 PM, August 15, 2005, Blogger srah said...

Our toys are pathetic!

 
At 2:04 PM, August 15, 2005, Blogger chrispy said...

All right, you get it here:

What I was doing ten years ago
-Working at a record store in East Lansing, preparing to move out of my house and to Chicago. Just sort of tentatively starting what became a four-year relationship. Eagerly reading through the huge box of Wire magazines my friend Jim gave me.

What I was doing five years ago
-I may have just gotten back from a trip to NYC and Boston to visit friends. My life was exceptionally mellow. Working at East Lansing Public Library.

What I was doing one year ago
-ugh. no comment.

Yesterday
-Played on the radio in dearborn with my friend Will (from rattling wall). A sort of simmering freak-out was brewing in my head about all the change in my life of late (job, apartment, people leaving).

5 snacks I enjoy
-cheese
-kettle chips
-tortilla chips with cheese
-chow mein noodles
-beer

5 songs I know all the words to
-"Witchita Lineman": glen campbell
-"Paris 1919": john cale
-"Female of the Species": space
-"owner of a lonely hear": yes
-"wipe out": the surfaris

5 things I would do with $100 million
-the bills, the debts, etc
-invest a couple million for me
-set up an arts foundation
-set up some sort of social change foundation/think tank
-something involving cocaine and whores

5 locations I would like to run away to
-australia
-antarctica
-london
-near london
-near near london

5 bad habits I have
-nose picking
-poor organizational skills
-making mountains out of molehills
-procrastination
-talk over people

5 things I like doing
-music making
-listening to music
-reading
-learning things
-bicycling

5 things I would never wear
-until I become a trucker, no trucker's hat
-a pastel sweatshirt with a picture of a teddy bear on it
-really, really dirty clothes
-a knit shirt with a software company logo on it
-just about *any* shirt with a logo on it (except for Sun Records and Guiness)
5 TV shows I like
-simpsons
-harvey birdman
-csi
-six feet under
-arrested development

5 biggest joys of the moment
-i like my apartment a lot
-i will be making a nice amount of money at a job that seems okay
-it is very possible for me to make music
-life is calm
-d.g.

5 favorite toys
-guitar
-turntable
-synthesizer
-palm pilot
-neighborhood cats

 
At 8:13 PM, August 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's to beer being a snack.

Good call on the cocaine and whores.

And if nose-picking is a 'bad habit' then I need to be punished. Maybe those whores would be interested.

 
At 10:52 AM, August 16, 2005, Blogger srah said...

I am totally getting you a teddy bear shirt. When is your birthday?

 
At 1:37 PM, August 16, 2005, Blogger chrispy said...

I don't know....ask your mom.

SNAP! Driven to school in the car of pain!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home