apete's apage

A place for me to speak and be heard.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Cosmopolitan

So I always forget, one of my favorite things about traveling is the randomness of the people that I meet. Tonight, I went out to dinner with a crazy UN of people. There was:
  • one Nicaraguan - who we work with
  • one Columbian - the girlfriend of the Nicaraguan and she also works at the Ministry of Youth.
  • one Austrian - I met her at breakfast the other day. She was alone and it was obvious so I showed her how to get her breakfast and she has been hanging out with us ever since.
  • one Israeli - we met her at Casa de Cafe and she was looking at returning to Costa Rica where she was staying until she met us.
  • one German - the friend of the Austrian
  • one Guatamalan - he is our sponsor through the IADB
  • us Americans - there were the 4 of us from Michigan....actually one of us is Venezuelan so that even adds one more nationality.
It was one of our birthdays also so we sang happy birthday in 5 different languages and there was regular conversation in 3 of the languages. It was very cool and interesting.

4 Comments:

At 6:35 AM, April 04, 2006, Blogger srah said...

ColOmbian! You lose! The Spelling Nazi strikes again!

Otherwise... that's awesome. Did you pick up the Israeli by wearing your "Someone I love went to Israel and brought me this t-shirt" t-shirt?

 
At 4:53 PM, April 04, 2006, Blogger Syl said...

you did not get him that t-shirt ... that's so touristy kitsch

 
At 10:22 PM, April 04, 2006, Blogger apete said...

Nope, Ian went over because she was looking bored at the Cafe.

Yes, I do own such a shirt!

 
At 8:32 PM, April 06, 2006, Blogger srah said...

See? He's so proud.

Or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home