apete's apage

A place for me to speak and be heard.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Greetings. Day 1 in Nicaragua.

Well, I have arrived safely. Everything went well except for a run between gates in Houston. The arrival in Managua was nothing like I've ever experienced. We were captured by a guy holding a whiteboard with our names. He took our passports and baggage claims and then took us to the diplomatic waiting room where we were served drinks as our customs and visas were taken care of. It was great! No lines, no police. Just a few friendly places. They came to get us once we were taken care of and we were off. They then took us to get some chicken and to grab some water before we got to our hotel. So far what I've seen looks really nice. The neighborhood that I am in right now reminds me of the neighborhood that I stayed in Quito the first time I was there. The final thing was that all 4 of us have our own room. Nice. A little much but that is cool also meaning it has air conditioning.

4 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, March 20, 2006, Blogger Noor said...

how many heads of cattle have you bought thus far with your $50/day?!?

We miss ya' apete! I'm glad you're having a nice time, though.

 
At 5:15 PM, March 21, 2006, Blogger apete said...

No cattle yet. I'm not seeing much of the country just yet.

 
At 7:17 PM, March 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. you guys must be important, getting the red carpet treatment. perhaps managua reminds you of quito, cept quito is much, much better.

 
At 10:28 PM, March 23, 2006, Blogger apete said...

Quito is much better of course! I am not going to compare to Guayaquil though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home