apete's apage

A place for me to speak and be heard.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

UPS delivers


First Photo
Originally uploaded by apete.
Well, here is the first photo from my new camera. It isn't pretty but what can I do, it is a self portrait after a long day.

The camera is a Canon Powershot S2 IS. It has a ton more features than my old Canon Powershot S30, but it is a bit heavier. I like it though. It has 12x optical zoom and 5 megapixels. I would have really liked to have waited until after I graduated and have gotten a job. The problem is that I will be off to Nicaragua in March on a business school program.

Anyway, UPS has a great service that I didn't know about. I have always hated UPS because they won't leave a package if you don't sign for it. It just sucks. BUT...I actually called to have it held today because I knew I wouldn't be around for the next three days. They said, do you want to pick it up tonight. I didn't think either the package or I would get there before 5 or whenever the place closed. They gave me the option to come with an appointment between 8 and 8:30 and they would have my package right there. It took about 5 seconds once I drove in because the package was right there. It was great and I will do it again.

6 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, February 07, 2006, Blogger srah said...

I think you broke the new camera!! :(

 
At 6:11 AM, February 08, 2006, Blogger Cyclin Ninja said...

Where did you buy from?

UPS does that here in Chicago, but you have to show up between 7 and 9. It is not always a "5 second pick up". Also, they are NOT nice. Postal workers are nicer than UPS here.

 
At 6:20 AM, February 08, 2006, Blogger apete said...

eBay!

We only have a half an hour to get there. I thought it was really cool. There was 5 people in line before me and I was really there for about 2 minutes. I still won't ever send anything UPS because of the signing thing, but I will use this service again when people send stuff to me via UPS.

 
At 7:51 AM, February 08, 2006, Blogger Cyclin Ninja said...

I always request United States Postal Service.

 
At 6:44 AM, February 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AP - I hope you have time for golf this summer!!

 
At 12:33 PM, February 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your eyes are open!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home