apete's apage

A place for me to speak and be heard.

Monday, January 16, 2006

How do you open your straw?

So how do you open your straw? Most people seem to do one of two things.
  1. They smack one side of the straw on the table making the straw come out the top of the package.
  2. They tear off the top.
I have always done it a third way and I didn't realize this was out of the ordinary until only a few years ago when I got into a conversation with some people about which technique they used. I was not ordinary because I grip both ends of the straw with my fists and pull the wrapper apart.

9 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, January 16, 2006, Blogger cariberry said...

You are wierd!

 
At 3:19 AM, January 17, 2006, Blogger srah said...

OMG bloggage!

#1.

 
At 7:54 AM, January 17, 2006, Blogger Noor said...

Yay for apete aupdates!

I actually open my straws a fourth way - I push one end of the straw to the other side so that the other end protrudes and rips open the paper.

 
At 9:06 AM, January 17, 2006, Blogger Alfie said...

Um...you forgot my way of opening straws.

 
At 1:52 PM, January 19, 2006, Blogger Syl said...

Jeff opens it like you, Apete! Smile, you are not alone!

 
At 4:38 PM, January 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Me Tarzan! You straw!"

 
At 8:23 AM, January 20, 2006, Blogger srah said...

You sound like a caveman. Way to open straws, caveman!

 
At 6:43 AM, January 21, 2006, Blogger srah said...

I just realized that I don't always bang it on the table - sometimes I push the straw up inside the paper manually until it pops out the top. No table involved.

 
At 3:47 PM, February 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! That's how I do it, too. I thought I was the only one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home