apete's apage

A place for me to speak and be heard.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Screw the Machine!

Do you hate being talked at by those stupid recorded voices...or what is even worse now, having to talk to them, hoping the background noise won't throw off the voice recognition software? Plus, you can always tell when someone is talking at a machine on the phone. It just sounds stupid. Here is a nice page to get around the machine for over 100 companies and get to a normal person. However, I am not promising that this person will not be rude though. Good luck.

5 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, November 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last night I was on the phone with the SBC tech support computer voice.... a clanging of some dishes together apparently translates to "yes" in their system.

Also there was no mechanism to go back one menu level. Poor design.

-Amy

 
At 11:03 AM, December 01, 2005, Blogger Cyclin Ninja said...

I just hit "0" until I get to someone live. I refuse to talk to those things!

 
At 9:25 PM, December 01, 2005, Blogger cariberry said...

I hate those things. The options never seem to be related to the reason why I called. And then it takes forever to figure out how to find a human because the stupid IVR system does not have a way of accommodating what I want. I also hate it when they want me to speak. If I'm calling from my cell phone or an office phone then I have to say bizarre words into the phone. I don't want other people to hear me talking to this stupid machine!

 
At 3:31 PM, January 14, 2006, Blogger Alfie said...

Update, please.

 
At 8:43 PM, January 16, 2006, Blogger Noor said...

yes, you have no excuse! you must update! Tell everyone about how you spent the worst birthday ever with your infoviz group in the DIAD!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home