apete's apage

A place for me to speak and be heard.

Monday, July 18, 2005

Problems with Chips

So this past Friday, we had a little meeting during lunch. It was catered by the hotel whose room we were using. It was just sandwiches, cookies and chips. Nothing fancy but I have always had problems with people eating chips during lunch meetings like that. No, it isn't because of the crunching, it is because of those horrible little bags that you just can not keep quiet. It was driving me crazy. I couldn't hear a thing and I didn't know what to do. I wanted to rush around the table and dump everyone's chips onto their plates one single time and get it all over with.

My second problem with the chips at this was that they only had one option. That option was Baked Lay's Original. OK, Lay's Originals are not baked. They are fried. The packaging should not carry the word 'Original' anywhere. They are not made the same and they do not taste the same and are therefore not 'Original'.

8 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, July 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Lay's Unflavored" didn't sell very well. :)

 
At 11:24 AM, July 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang around me too much and you start turning into a ranting lunatic! ;D

 
At 5:23 PM, July 18, 2005, Blogger cariberry said...

Hooray for ranting. What really pisses me off at work are when people have really loud personal conversations that involve giggling and stuff while everyone else is trying to work. So irritating. Go take your cell phone in the hall! And no...headphones do not block it all out!

 
At 9:28 AM, July 19, 2005, Blogger apete said...

Cari--get used to it. You'll know everything about your cube-mates in no time.

 
At 10:13 AM, July 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apete! I had no idea... wracking my brain to think of a time when I've eaten chips with you... You would have said something, right!?

 
At 3:10 PM, July 19, 2005, Blogger apete said...

skm -- welcome as my first non-SI visitor and I didn't even have to tell you where to go or that I had a blog! This is VERY exciting.

You've never bothered me with chip rustling...that I can remember.

 
At 7:17 PM, July 19, 2005, Blogger Noor said...

I don't know if I like apete going postal.

 
At 8:42 PM, July 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you look really hard, he kind of does look like Cliff Claven from Cheers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home