apete's apage

A place for me to speak and be heard.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Updates...smupdates

OK, so Fitster won 3rd place in the Student Design Competition at CHI.

As for Montreal, I really can't tell you much. I was so busy being a student volunteer, working with the Fitster team and keeping myself afloat that I didn't even walk the few blocks to even peak at Old Montreal.

Some thoughts that I did have on Montreal:
  • What is with the sesame bagel? Every bagel in town was sesame. There was no plain or any other type. I even went to a bagel store called New York Bagel and that was all they had.
  • The CHI site proudly states "English is spoken everywhere in Montreal." What they fail to tell you is that French is always spoken first.
  • I really didn't feel like I was in Canada. I didn't know where I felt that I was but it wasn't Canada. I've never been to France. I have been to several places in Ontario and British Columbia.

1 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, May 04, 2006, Blogger Cyclin Ninja said...

All of that high school French did not come back to you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home